MOS circuit

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Attached is my Picasso drawing of the MOS circuit :) I want to be able to understand the answer for the truth table of this circuit.

The N-substrate also goes to 0V

The truth table is as follows:

Va Vb Vo
0V 0V +5V
0V +5V 0V
+5V 0V +5V
+5V +5V 5V

More specifically, I do not understand when the first N-gate to the right is getting 5V or 0V, due to the input of the connecting being some kind of function of the voltage just below the resistor. Thankyou!

Attachments

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
woops, the circuit attached is a TTL circuit, I have converted the question from a mos to TTL and am happy to draw the MOS configuration if necessary!

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Would you be able to explain to me what happens at each instance? For example...i picture that when vA=0V and vB=0V, the gate on the left stays open and the bottom right gate is also open..Im not sure how the top right gate is affected in all input cases..

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
I redrawn your diagram.
And lets try analysis the circuit for
VA = 0V and VB = 0 V.
Since VA is equal 0V so T1 is OFF and T3 is also off.
T2 will be "ON" but there is no path to GND for T2 current to flow (because T3 is "OFF").
So Vo = Vdd = 5V

Attachments

Last edited:

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Ahh thankyou. Would you also be able to explain the last three combinations...more in particular when vA = 5V and vB =0V and also when Va=5v and vb = 5v?...I am still struggling with these two situations.