more resistance vs. less resistance

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Unregistered, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Thread Starter Guest

Regarding this page:http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_6/chpt_2/2.html

I have a question about the text which follows the illustration about ohmmeter usage where the picture is of an analog meter testing a resistor about 3/4 of the way down the page. The text is in the sixth paragraph second sentence. It reads, "The less resistance there is between two points, the harder it is for electrons to move (flow) between those two points." Shouldn't it read, The more resistance...?

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Verified. 6th paragraph from the bottom of the article.

Just a suggestion, and it isn't required for corrections, but why not register. It is easy and free, and you can discuss things in more depth.

3. Bereahorn

Jan 21, 2010
    OK. Well, I've registered but am really here to lurk and learn. I found this site via Advrider while reading the motorcycle forums there.
    So does verified mean the sentence in the article that I pointed out was incorrect and if so will it get corrected? Thanks. John

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Yeah, our editor is Dennis Crunkilton. He comes through every week or two and cleans up the source material,

http://www.openbookproject.net//electricCircuits/

Which filters back to the AAC version. It can take a little while, but it does happen. The old hands like myself try to help when we can.

One of the reasons for this book is the original author, Tony Kuphalt, was tired of seeing textbooks with obvious errors that never got fixed between revisions. In a project this size, there will be errors.

One of the sayings about open source, Many eyes no bugs make.

5. Unregistered

Thread Starter Guest

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that a correction will be made. Regards. John

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that a correction will happen. Regards. John

6. Dcrunkilton

E-book Co-ordinator

Jul 31, 2004
    Thanks for pointing out the correction. It has been entered into the master copy at ibiblio.org .

7. Unregistered

Thread Starter Guest

You're welcome.