Moore machine delay

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Uber7, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Uber7

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I have to project a moore machine that recognizes a certain sequence . If the sequence was recognized the output will be 1 during a clock pulse , then the machine will resume operation . From what i understand , if the output will be 1 , the machine will stop operating for a clock pulse . If thats the case , how can i implement this delay ?

2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Why would the machine stop operating for a clock pulse?

Imagine I send you a string of letters at the rate of once per second. Your job is to light up a light for one second anytime you have finished receiving the word "wahwa". The sequence I send you is "uswahwahwajdu". The output of the Moore machine should be "000000010001000" (assuming I counted correctly). The machine doesn't stop operating and there's no delays that have to be implemented. Whether you recognize the sequence or not has not bearing on the fact that I'm going to keep feeding you letters at the rate of one per second.

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    The other thing to remember about a Moore machine is that, the output is only a function of the present state. Each clock pulse will either keep the present state, which has a valid output, or advance to a new state which also has a valid output.