monostable 555 discharge

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try looking at the monostable link I gave you, your schematic isn't even close, and mine is straight out of the datasheet. You also ignored post #2.

There is no substitute for reading.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is a wire used as a switch, also to explain the limitations of the base monostable circuit and why the signal conditioner is needed.

You can used Pin 2 as a direct input, but you could run into the illegal condition explained in the article. Why not perform the experiment as see how it works?

TheDag

Joined Jan 1, 2010
Ok
did some tests....
with the discharge pin, its endless pulse....
and without discharge pin, its working but without the pin 2(how?)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You are stuck on a schematic that does not work, you are not going to be able to make it work. You have an working example that is published, complete with exact explanations and illustrations.

I am seriously getting the vib you haven't read most of the article, just looked at the pictures. If this is true, and you haven't asked the type of questions to dispute it, I can not teach you. The whole point of the article is when you have performed the experiment as written you will know the 555 monostable mode, all the why's and wherefore's of how it is done, and how the internal circuit of the 555 does what it does to make it work.

I have just looked up your location. Is it you do not read English? If you are having trouble with specific verbage ask, quote it, those question I can answer.

You are trying to modify a really basic circuit without understanding the basics. Reading is fundamental, there is no substitute.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have answered your question, but you will not listen. There is nothing I can say. I am done.

I'll repeat the earlier suggestion, try the experiment as written.