Monkey repller

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
Hello everyone,

The place where my sister lives is visited by lot of monkeys and they create lot of problems. My sister is very scared about it.

Does someone know good circuit which could be build or any good commercial modules which might be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gopal.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Most things I've seen are of questionable effectiveness, at best. Like most things in their (or your) world, that which does not injure or kill them (or you) will quickly be ignored.

Just my experience.

Ken

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
A good 12-bore should scare them away. ;)

I'm not sure any module will scare them off. Monkeys are quite clever, and although some flashing lights or a loud buzzer might scare them off one or two times, they'll quickly learn that it doesn't harm them.

As silly as it sounds, a gun might be the best way after all... :(

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
You don't have to use a gun or kill anything, there is a reason why those monkeys come around where your sister lives, this could be because of food that is available to them or open trash bins for them to dig around in, if you eliminate these factors that keep the monkeys coming around, then as they are smart enough, they will figure out some other place to go to forage for food. Its like feeding a stray cat, once you do, it will keep coming back as long as you keep feeding it, but once you stop, they will realize this and move on somewhere else.

Or,

You can build a similar system or find one available in the market, these are used to keep deer and other animals from eating you garden plants..... http://www.techlib.com/electronics/seismic.htm

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Is the water source available there such that it would work in what may be a third world environment. And...like you say, they may just find it entertaining...I know my grandchildren would. ;)

Ken

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
thanks a lot guys for all your responses. My sister lives in the 6 floor (top most) of a building with a balcony. The moneys visit the balcony everyday and sometime enter the house if the balcony door is open. Which actually scares my sister.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My dad got a motion detector light and wired a table saw into the bulb socket and put in his garden to scare away the deer. It worked, for about a week. Even an animal as retarded as deer is smart enough to figure it out. I imagine monkeys would only be fooled for a day. Then your neighbors will hate you.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Are they good eatin'?

I'm just thinking you could fix the monkey problem AND reduce food bills at the same time.

Maybe a big barbeque once a week for the whole building? That should reduce the monkey menace rather quickly. ;)

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
How about classical conditioning? Some food item that, when they grab it, gives them a shock. After a while they won't be able to associate your sister's place with somewhere to get food.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anna Swinemar General Electronics Chat 5
MaxHeadRoom Off-Topic 3