Monitor Help

kiyala

Joined Jun 1, 2009
Hi Guys,

Is there someone who knows how to repair a monitor? or any guide on repairing? My monitor LEDs are all lights up and i don't know what's the problem, no display and cables are connected. I think its on the circuit. Anyone can help me?

Guys tnx a lot. :):)

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I can, I do repair monitors, big small and all kinds
Have you got any repair experience?
Tell me how much you know about electronics and voltage levels in Monitors.
Is it a CRT or LCD?

Rifaa

kiyala

Joined Jun 1, 2009
it is a CRT monitor.. Experience? I don't have any experience repairing monitor but i'll try if i can, I only knows how to repair computer but not a monitor at all.. If you could help me about my problem or just any guide on how or where to start if all the LEDs of your monitor are all light's up.. tnx for the help

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Unless you have a good deal of experience plus test equipment, monitor repair is very difficult. A CRT monitor has several dangerous voltages present - up to 32 KV, depending on the size of the screen.

I worked in a university electronic shop. We abandoned monitor repair as it was too difficult to make repairs with no schematics. Collectively, we had over 100 years experience in electronics, including TV's, which are somewhat related.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OK.. so you'll need like a DMM and Soldering station.
Plus...these too. :p
Do you know how to solder?
Do you know how to measure DC voltage and AC Voltage?
Do you know if you see a HV Area and LV Area of A PCB?
Do you know how to identify components?

Only with these knowledge I can guide you, other wise I might be responsible for electrocuting you. Now I can't have that on my conscious. Can I?
:D

Rifaa

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Just note,benethere you could not find enough spare parts
over a period of time to repair one. What main part was the most hard
to find. I just picked one up from trash pile to explore.I have two high
voltage probes-25-35-kv.I was just going to look at how It was put
togather. Any advise other than be careful,I will discharge hv.