Momentary switch, latching LED, midicontroller help?

rudeez

Joined Jul 26, 2011
hi peeps!

so i've built a midicontroller using an old gamepad, first of i used 9 pin 3pdt on/off footswitches since i need a LED to light up once i've pressed the button. the thing is, i need a momentary switch for the signal that is sent to the gamepad but still i need a on/off signal for the leds.
i've googled around and found out about flip-flop solutions but i can't get a grip of it really...
i really need some easy and understanable explanation about this subject and what exactly i would need to execute it in my specific project.

the midicontroller and it's buildlog you can find here to get an idea of what im doing and what i need: Midi Foot Controller DONE! *buildlog with pics*

i now have some Alpha Momentary dpdt footswitches instead with 6 pins.

what i need is to have the signal sent to the gamepad to be momentary, on aslong as the footswitch is pressed and it goes off when the switch is released. but that's no issue now since i got the momentary switches.
but i do need the led's to be on/off and not just light up when the button is pressed down so therefore i got some tips about using relays for have the leds as on/off and yet the signal to gamepad pcb momentary.
im clueless about wiring this up tho and can't really read schematics unless they're made as easy ones showing pics of the parts along with drawn wires in paint haha.
any help on this would be appreciated!

cheers, jimmie