Momentary switch emulation only once after recieving power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izerous

Joined Mar 9, 2015
The traction control is a Nissan Frontier is controlled by a momentary switch. The default of the traction control is obviously on as it should be. A question came up on how to turn it off by default so that when you get in the vehicle it could be defaulted to off without flashing the ECU.

The following came to mind but I'm not actually sure how to build it.
-Energize circuitry (vehicle turns on obviously 12v environment) attached to energizing only when on fuse location
-wait 10 seconds
-toggle relay wired in parallel with actual switch for 3 seconds
-turn relay off and remain off while the vehicle is turned on.
-remain off until vehicle is started again.

I was looking at relays with timers built in but based on the descriptions didn't really seem to find what I was looking for.

Izerous

Joined Mar 9, 2015
Does it being a vehicle make something more difficult. It can simply be thought of as a 12v source in this case as the 12v power will only be there while the vehicle is on, or did I post this in the wrong area?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
An automobile has peculiar characteristics related to the alternator. Besides that, there are laws all over the place that apply to automobiles. This site forbids those conversations.
Try electro-tech online.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.