Modifying laminator for toner transfer process

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by PZUFIC, Oct 2, 2016.

1. PZUFIC

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Hello to everyone!

Yesterday I bought an A3 format laminator for use on a toner transfer process. On my previous laminator that I used for the same purpose (it's old and worn out) I just removed the inside circuit and overtempareture protecting fuse, added another contact thermostat with 165 °C cutoff and a switch to choose normal or PCB use. But when I disassembled the new one there is no external thermostat. There are just two heating elements covered with grease and mounted inside silicone rollers. Even the ready indicator is just some kind of material that changes color when exposed to heat.

Did someone succesfuly modified device of this kind? If I'm right there should be one thermal cutoff device inside each heater, or it's even self regulated through resistance? It's possible to disasemble it without damage and how?

2. AlbertHall

Jun 4, 2014
    I have used a laminator for toner transfer. The only mod I made was to swap the gears so it ran more slowly. The temperature was fine.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  4. PZUFIC

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Based on my experience and printers that I use 120 °C as it is now it's to low.

@bertus
    That's exactly what I did on my previous laminator, but on this one there is no external thermostat. I can take some pictures in the future.