Modifiy wireless doorbell

ero

Joined May 2, 2008
How is possible wireless doorbell circuit diagramm modify so, that becom remotely operated switch, what funcion so, that when press transmitter button, engage resiver relay and when transmitter button disconnect,
disconnect resiver relay instantly.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
There isn't too much to a wireless doorbell. It should be possible to examine the receiver and alter it to do the activate relay function. When it receives a valid code, so signal has to activate the chime function.

Good luck!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It should be doing that already. If it is not, you might have a button that is sticking on the transmitter, a relay that is sticking on the receiver, or you might have radio interference from some other transmitter that is keeping the relay energized.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Just tried my wireless door bell. Pushing and holding the button looks like it sends out only one coded signal. Holding it down doesn't repeatedly ring the bell. He may have to go to a push-on/push-off operation, with a toggle circuit at the receiver.

Ken

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
haha wireless doorbells are funny. it may not be wt you asked for , but you may try to test if it is working by using the off button on a tv remote control. works for ours =)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Well, think about how hard it would be to use IR to signal from a door to an annunciator around a corner in a different room. Anything that bright in the IR region would probably set the opposite wall on fire.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
beenthere,

I meant, all my TV/VCR/DVD/Audio remotes are IR. redacejr's implication the his TV remote interferes with a wireless doorbell seems...well...remote. ;)

Ken

Pich

Joined Mar 11, 2008
I have converted a wireless door bell to operate a relay.
Checked voltages on the receiver until I found one that would drive a transistor that would drive the relay.
As resacejr said the relay will only be on for a few moments and will need a ratcheting circuit