modifications to Daisy MP3 player, need help please !

dirkrenders

Joined May 28, 2012
Hi,

I've made a number of Daisy MP3 players for a project, working just fine ...

http://www.teuthis.com/daisy/index.html

The question now is to make a few changes to the design to make it more suited for a new application.

1. letting it use SD/HC also instead of now only SD (as the regular SD cards become more and more difficult to buy)

2. adding (or programming) something in it to make it stop working after a periode of time (e.g. 1 year), unless a new music collection is placed into it (with the MP3's having some sort of unlocking code in their tag or something ?).

Could/would somebody help me with this please ?

Greetings

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sounds like you need more help than is available in a post. You would need either a new layout to replace the SD card socket or perhaps an SD/HC to SD card converter. Then you would need to revise the SD card firmware to adapt the SD/HC functions that are not present on the SD card if any. Last you would need to understand the firmware well emough to make the changes that you require. I could do all of that for you but it would be expensive. In my six years on this board I've never hear of a financial arrangement between an "idea" guy and a "development" that worked out to everybody's satisfaction -- or even got off the ground for that matter.

My advice to you is divide and conquer. Start by finding an SD/HC socket that you could put on the board and revise the layout.

dirkrenders

Joined May 28, 2012
I read somewhere that the connections SD and SD/HC are the same (socket), and that it's just a matter of changing the PIC program to be able to read it ...

not true ?

what about the time-limit thing ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I read somewhere that the connections SD and SD/HC are the same (socket), and that it's just a matter of changing the PIC program to be able to read it ...

not true ?

what about the time-limit thing ?
You might be correct. It seems I was thinking of the micro SD card which is mechanically smaller. You still have to understand the differences which may revolve around the necessity to handle more address bits.