Modern Dual n-channel JFET?

rawbot

Joined Sep 20, 2016
I've searched everywhere, but i can't find any easily and affordable dual jfet anywhere.
Well ok, mouser have 2, which are way to small for handsoldering, and too high pinchoff.

There must be something in production with a pinchoff lower than 3V and not costing a arm and a leg?
Doesn't matter if its THT or SMD.

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi, can you give a part number if you have one. Or you looking a websites for databases of that component.
And what circuit are intended to use this.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I've searched everywhere, but i can't find any easily and affordable dual jfet anywhere.
Well ok, mouser have 2, which are way to small for handsoldering, and too high pinchoff.

There must be something in production with a pinchoff lower than 3V and not costing a arm and a leg?
Doesn't matter if its THT or SMD.

If you are looking for a low pinch off, are you sure you want a jfet and not a MOSFET.

rawbot

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Hi, can you give a part number if you have one. Or you looking a websites for databases of that component.
And what circuit are intended to use this.
Part number of what? I'm looking for anything like my description, nothing specific.
I have several circuits in mind for it, but nothing particular right now.

rawbot

Joined Sep 20, 2016
Why do my questions get answered and not the questions from post 2?

Also, there are no through-hole dual jfet. You'll have to get a pair of tweezers and a magnefying glass.
I don't mind SMD, just dont anything smaller than SOT23 or SOIC.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I don't mind SMD, just dont anything smaller than SOT23 or SOIC.
have you checked the big electronic distributor websites? They have very nice parametric search filters.

If you have, checked and you were unsuccessful, then, I'd answer your original question with no, there are no dual n-channel JFETs.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
it seems like a clipping mechanism: as the input signal increases, the jfet conducts more thus the "divider" output is lower.

Diodes or bjts can do that too.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
it seems like a clipping mechanism: as the input signal increases, the jfet conducts more thus the "divider" output is lower.

Diodes or bjts can do that too.
Those give a hard clip. A JFET is a softer transistion to cutoff. Give the "tube sound".

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Buy a bag of common JFETs like a J201 or MPF102 and Find a pair that match well and glue them face to face to keep the temp the same.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
I guess i'm trying to say that understand how the circuit works so you can use the parts you have to achieve the same functionality.