Moderator locks own thread

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It had drifted from the original intent, and it had done what I wanted it to. I knew there was a danger in mentioned The Affordable Care Health Act, since it has been so politicized, but the fact I am probably going to need it is true enough.

The forums are not for politics, so the thread got locked. If the discussion tries to pick up where it left off here I'll have to lock this one too. That or one of the other moderators will.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Reminds me of a video I saw once of a courtroom.... the defense attorney was trying to ask a question , but he couldn't figure out how and ended up rambling incoherently... at which point he turned to the judge and said:

"Your honor, I request that my next question be stricken from the record."

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
My favorite is when someone with NO posting history decides to make a thread political. There isnt any way to enforce a "no politics"rule as long as that can occur.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Sure there is, you moderate them, warn them, and if necessary, ban them. The moderators are active enough that not a lot gets by us. We also get a lot of help from our established membership.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
My point is, someone with no posting history is not concerned about getting banned. These folks troll the internet searching for opportunities to impose their politics.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
True enough. I'm surprised we don't get more of them. But then, I suspect we tend to be offputing. Who wants to fall into a nest of nerds?