Moderation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by W4GNS, Aug 29, 2012.

1. W4GNS

Thread Starter Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Odd, I have been a member of this forum since 2008, I have not made many post until a week or so ago, what few post I made were NOT moderated. Now all of a sudden I'm moderated...... Go Figger . :p

Edit: But not moderatedin the OT section! :cool:

2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Whats do you mean by moderated? Deleted or locked posts? Or edited posts? What were your threads topics?

3. steveb

Jul 3, 2008
    They say it is best to do all things in moderation. I suppose that includes the act of moderating.

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    We're....how you say the special people down here in OT. Getting threads locked is kinda a right of passage, but the gig is you score more points for how many pages the thread runs before it gets locked.

Also I know you get more access at 10 posts or something like that but OT post's don't count. So go post in some section you know something about.

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Moderator reporting in:

The auto-moderation feature is probably the culprit. Your short message and the $ sign must have ticked it off.

I unmoderated your post.

W4GNS and maxpower097 like this.
  6. W4GNS

Thread Starter Member

Dec 1, 2008

It had to be approved by a mod before it was displayed to everyone else. So the OT forum is treated different........... I may like the OT forum then :D
    Thanks to the mod for approving my post, I considered the $ or even the hyperlink after I started this thread.
    Everyone back to whatever you normally do................... :rolleyes:

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It is unusual, but it happens. Usually it is under 10 posts and a link inside a post that trips the automoderation feature. When I see it I approve the post.