Model a MOSFET in PSPICE

ESSO

Joined Feb 14, 2015
Hi All,

We were given to model a MOSFET in PSPICE, and we needed to change some parameter like
Lambda, Vto, W, L, Kp or Kn; Below is the list of paramterers. I am using Orcard Capture lite v16.6.
My problem I dont where to modify these parameters.

First I try:
Right Click on Part --> Edit Pspice model and then Copy and Paste the parameters below and change those to the values I had.
The circuit analysis was not close to my calculations.

Second Method:
Double Click on part --> Opens a Part properties. I only saw the W and L; I change those and I was able to get a much closer result to my theory calculations. But still I am not close..

For VD I am getting 13.5v and it should be 13.02v

any Ideas on what I am doing wrong

thanks

Gera

model MbreakN-X NMOS (Level=1 Gamma= 0 Xj=0 Tox=1200n Phi=.6

+ Rs=0 Kp=111u Vto=1.2 Lambda=0.01 Rd=0 Cbd=2.0p Cbs=2.0p Pb=.8 Cgso=0.1p

+ Cgdo=0.1p Is=16.64p N=1 W=30u L=10u)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to look into the model parameters for the Level 1 NMOS model and then see how the parameters you want to change map to them -- they may map directly or you may need to crunch some numbers. Some of the model parameters you can set via the schematic symbol (which ones depends on who wrote the symbol) and the others you would need to change the parameters in the in the library (or other file) where the model is located.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I didn't think that you could modify the model parameters in the lite version. You used to be limited to the devices in the libraries provided by the program.

ESSO

Joined Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for your reply,

I was able to add the Kp and Vto properties to the part, by opening the part and adding new properties; Now when I double click on the part , it opens the part properties, I am able to see it and add my value, however when I run my simulation it tells me that a unknown parameter exists.

Here are some pictures

thanks in advanced

Attachments