Mock Elevator

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by tigwelder, Feb 11, 2008.

1. tigwelder

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Hey there guys! I am making a mock elevator for a sci fi game I play at and want to make a prop that has either a keypad for entering floor number or push buttons and a led display of the floor entered and some kinda timed relay to unlock the door after entering the floor number. I give a quick example. the elevator has two doors on oppisite sides, a panel with buttons or kaypad on inside wall players enter elevator and close door behind them enter floor number and hit enter or what have you then a few seconds later the level is diplayed and door unlocks.

Plz tell me if this is do able I have limited knowledge but can learn quick also this isnt for a class so as much help as possible plz. also could be hooked up to a laptop if easier.

Also maybe someone wants to build the controls for me.:D

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Why not just write a program to do this on the PC, and get a remote keypad where people can enter the floor number they desire to go to?

That way, you could simulate the elevator passing each floor on the way with graphic representation...

There was an interesting sci-fi game demo released in the US in the early 90's called "Out of this world" that had such an elevator sequence in it. I think that in other countries, it was called "Another World."

If you do a Google search on it, you may be able to find the demo available for download.

3. tigwelder

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2008
    That could work where would I start. Thnx

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Find the demo, first :)

It's out there as a fairly new shareware release, I just found it on the author's site using the search I mentioned above.

You should look at it; it's a classic ;)

Here's the author's official site; follow the download link (note that it won't run under Windows 95 or NT)
    http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/