Mobile Version AAC

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
Has the staff ever thought of implementing a mobile version of the website for smartphones?

Sometimes they are better, sometimes worse.

Just a thought.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Sometimes they are better, sometimes worse.
I think you are asking about the webpage appearance in smartphones.

My samsung does it,without a special need of WAP service of AAC.In smartphones you need to enable some kind option, like for mine it is smartfit....

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Works fine on my android with the exception of uploading files or images but I can use photobucket to upload the images if I feel the need.

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
Works fine on my android with the exception of uploading files or images but I can use photobucket to upload the images if I feel the need.
I've been accessing the site on my blackberry for quite some time already.

I'm just saying sometimes those specialized forums specifically designed for being viewed from a smartphone are much more convient when browsing.

PhysicsForums.com, another site I visit frequently has a very nice setup for their mobile forums.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Does AAC have any advertising?
And I meant for the non-smartphone users, choose an option for a thread and you get the thread replies sent to your phone as a text, reply to said text to reply to the thread. Bells and whistles kept to a minimum.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I'm going to start looking into this and will get get back to you later tonight. I know there are some simplified 'skins' existing for vBulletin geared towards mobiles.

Rob