MMC interface to PIC18f4550

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by newbieEm, Nov 1, 2011.

1. newbieEm

newbieEm Thread Starter New Member

I have built a kit with PIC8F4550 on breadboard. I have couple of LEDS, LCD working. Now I have to attach a SD or MMC reader. I have seen the schematics but it seems too complicated. For example how about converting 5 volts to 3.3 volts (use a LED or resistance??) I need help with hardware design also which MMC card reader to buy (from sparksfun??). I am hardware newbie, software I can manage. Any help/suggestion/simple schematics/tools/parts listing would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. THE_RB

THE_RB AAC Fanatic!

3. upand_at_them

upand_at_them Member

A simple voltage divider works fine. I've done it for SD/MMC card interfaces.
  4. THE_RB

THE_RB AAC Fanatic!

Yeah, it can be made to work if you know how to do it and what to watch out for.

But the OP said he was looking at "buying a MMC card reader from sparkfun" so the one I linked to is not much different in price but has onboard 3.3v regulator and level converter ICs. And PIC source code examples etc supplied free of charge.