mirrored dual boot disks

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I want to make a system that will boot 2 or 3 OS, but I also want to mirror that disk to another one. windows will only allow dual boot on basic disks and mirred on dynamic. only way I can see this working is using a 3rd party freeware program to mirror them or use a SCSI sontroler that will do mirroring. the later could cause issues though since discs are difrent size. any idea of program that can do this? or any other ways to do it?

waynejhez

Joined Jun 26, 2013
Are you going to set it up in a server? in my experience, i know about how to dual boot operating systems. it's only a matter of partitioning a hard drive into two or three partitions in one drive. then install an operating system in each partition you made..

in regards in mirroring i do not know.. but there is a software that can be able to copy/clone all the partitions in your first disk into another disk but make it sure that the second disk you used to clone is the same or larger than the source. you ca search a cloning software in google..

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
this is an old server I was given. i would like to do a dual boot server 03/ some Linux, but mirror it because the disks are old and could fail, and just bit more experience with server related processes. I actually considered a hardware controller after I posted. the system has 2 adaptec aic 7890s i don't think do raid. then i have a few old cards a aha-2940u2w think just normal SCSI. then another i know was doing raid 5 from system it came from seems may have had raid 1 too, but have to connect to drives to know.
think 3rd party software would be the way to go. find some open source or freeware mirroring software that will mirror basic disks.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i'm looking at software raid 1 / mirroring on google I don't see a lot most just refer to windows built-in software raid. found one program, but like $50 to me its not worth it. looking for free software to do it, but not having mush luck. anybody know of any raid 1/ mirroring programs. a lot of results also refer to backup software like ghost or acronis which is jus making backups not a real-time raid system.