Minimization SOP K-Map 4 input

Shamieh

Joined Oct 24, 2013
yes I said grouping of 4. and i inverted all of the TERMS because its PRODUCT OF SUMS so i said ok that grouping of four is = (w + z!)

Shamieh

Joined Oct 24, 2013
I said this because 00 01 on the top (note that wx is the terms for the columns) = 0 and that 01 11 = 1 because the yz terms for rows

Shamieh

Joined Oct 24, 2013
Well it isnt consistent as it only has two variables in in its term and not 3...is that what you mean? i need to rewrite it as (w + z!)(w! + x! + y) (w + x + y!)

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I am very sorry, I appeared to have misread what was there. Coming back to it, I see the same as you.

I probably shouldn't be doing this while I am not feeling well... :(

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
LOL. I was so worried I was like yea I'm about to just give up on this EE class hahaha. So my answer is correct?
Yes, unless I'm seeing things again.

Not that this was my intention, but I have always found that struggling on a problem makes me learn it better.:)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What? WX is my columns and YZ is the rows...
But I can't tell which variable maps to which bit when you state:

m(1,3,4,5,9,10,11,14,) + d(0)

Which variables (of w, x, y, z) are 1 for, say, m(10)?

And I still have no idea what you mean by "+ d(0)"

Don't make people guess what you mean. Engineering is not about guessing.

Shamieh

Joined Oct 24, 2013
But I can't tell which variable maps to which bit when you state:

m(1,3,4,5,9,10,11,14,) + d(0)
These correspond to the rows, as you will see on the left and right 00, 01,...etc. The rows start from 0 to 15. For example the top left cell is 0, the cell to the right of it is 1 the cell to the right of that one is 3, but the cell to the right of that one is 2, So basically you start out in sequences until you get to the 3rd number. so m(0,1,2,3) on the kmap looks like this: (imagine there are blocks for the KMAP)

0 1 3 2
4 5 7 6
12 13 15 14
8 9 11 10

And I still have no idea what you mean by "+ d(0)"
+d means that every where the column is mentioned for d you put a "don't care" there.

Don't make people guess what you mean. Engineering is not about guessing.
Never did I ask anyone to guess anything. Yes, thank you for stating the obvious, engineering is not a guessing game. You should also take into account that if you have no idea of what I'm asking or talking about then you yourself - should refer to your own statement before blasting me. I can't explain Calculus to you if you don't know how to do pre-algebra. If you don't know what d means then you obviously have never worked K-MAPS nor can you help me. So you should really think before you post ignorant statements. Luckily tschuck does know what he is talking about and verified my answer.

Thanks,
Sham

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
These correspond to the rows, as you will see on the left and right 00, 01,...etc. The rows start from 0 to 15. For example the top left cell is 0, the cell to the right of it is 1 the cell to the right of that one is 3, but the cell to the right of that one is 2, So basically you start out in sequences until you get to the 3rd number. so m(0,1,2,3) on the kmap looks like this: (imagine there are blocks for the KMAP)

0 1 3 2
4 5 7 6
12 13 15 14
8 9 11 10

+d means that every where the column is mentioned for d you put a "don't care" there.

Never did I ask anyone to guess anything. Yes, thank you for stating the obvious, engineering is not a guessing game. You should also take into account that if you have no idea of what I'm asking or talking about then you yourself - should refer to your own statement before blasting me. I can't explain Calculus to you if you don't know how to do pre-algebra. If you don't know what d means then you obviously have never worked K-MAPS nor can you help me. So you should really think before you post ignorant statements. Luckily tschuck does know what he is talking about and verified my answer.

Thanks,
Sham
Just because I have not seen your particular notation for "don't cares" hardly means that I have never worked with K-maps.

I was going to suggest you that you look at the following blog entry:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=583

But since I have obviously never worked with any of this stuff, don't bother.

Shamieh

Joined Oct 24, 2013
Just because I have not seen your particular notation for "don't cares" hardly means that I have never worked with K-maps.

I was going to suggest you that you look at the following blog entry:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=583

But since I have obviously never worked with any of this stuff, don't bother.
Yea bro, cool entry for how to get the SOP & POS. I'm talking about 4-input K-Maps:D

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I think I proved I don't know what I'm talking about more than not, with seeing things that weren't there. :(

I think we just have a case of misunderstanding.

I know WBahn was wanting you to explain the +d(), but I, having seen that before, posted what it meant, perhaps he missed it...