Mini Tools

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Razeksk, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Razeksk

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 5, 2012

Check out these tools I made. I designed these circuit debugging tools because I have all these simple needs to switch, drive, amplify, buffer, toggle, and level translate electric signals, but I never had tools that were convenient enough to help me. So I made some! Check them out:

Here's what I have so far:

• H-Bridge Driver
    • Level Translator
    • ~20A N-Channel FET
    • ~17A P-Channel FET (with integrated N-Channel gate drive circuitry)
    • Precision Instrumentation Amplifier with customizable precision gain and precision 2.5V virtual ground for positive and negative inputs
    • Push button and toggle switch
    • Push button with schmitt trigger output
    • 40AMP 110/220VAC relay
    • Triac with heatsink and integrated zero crossing opto-islated driver
    • High Voltage bi-directional voltage detector
    • Microcontroller programmer protector: 5V accidental over-voltage auto-clamp (3 Amp current shunt)

I'm thinking about offering these as kits for beginners and professionals to use for debugging. They can also be used as standalone minitools that can be used like LEGOs (tm) to build complete designs. What do you guys think?

I am open to making more if you guys think there is something missing from my list.

absf likes this.
  2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    It's an interesting concept to adapt tiny SMD parts to human finger capable items.

Sorry I don't have any ideas for more widgets.
  3. Razeksk

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 5, 2012
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I general, I like the idea. I hope you have a better way to hook things together than just minigrabber leads.

I think that you are going to find that a price point of ~$10 per component is going to severely limit your market. Most individuals are going to be priced right out, though you might have a few components that might sell well to that market. But you might have better luck selling kits to higher education, especially if you take the time to develop decent lab exercises to go along with them.
  5. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, good idea, but I agree, see if you may come up with a better connection scheme. ;)

EDIT: Hmmm. post 666...
  6. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    I really like where you are going with this .... But I do see one problem here .... You are taking other people idea's and selling them as your own and receiving a profit for it .. So what do the people that helped make your ideas go somewhere , what do they get while you rake in money from other people's ideas??????????
  7. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    To be fair, we knew what they were doing when we chose to provide feedback. So that's on us and if we really thought we could run with it we should have kept our mouths shut.