mini RF TX/Rcvr for video camera

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by amateurbuilder, Jan 27, 2013.

1. amateurbuilder

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Looking for a schematic for a transmitter and receiver to meet the following specs:
    2.4 GHz wireless emission/receiver
    Emitting/receiving frequency : 2370MHZ
    Output power : 100MW
    Working voltage : DC=12V
    Video input : PAL/NTSC composite video signal
    Emitting/receiving distance : 100 Meters (interference free and open place)
    Operating temperature : -20℃+80℃
    Video output : PAL/NTSC composite video signal
    Receiving sensitivity : -85Dbm
    Working current : DC=12V 200mA

This device needs to be small. No more than 2 inches long by 1 in wide by 1/2 inch thick.
    Nothing secret here, it's for my travel trailer's rear view camera. I want to keep the size of the transmitter small enough to go with the video camera.
    The receiver needs to be small so it can fit in the headliner of my truck.
    I you have any ideas or schematics for something like this, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Kim

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm pretty sure a schematic won't do you much good. You can't build and tune circuits in this frequency range on a breadboard. You need good layout and simulation tools to do microstripline design on a PCB. Where did you get the quaint notion that you could do this?

3. amateurbuilder

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I often build those things at home that fit my needs. If some Chinese company can build this device and sell it on Ebay, I take immense pleasure in building those devices at home, here in America. Even more so than going to Wal-Mart and buying it.
    That's my quaint idea.

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Are you saying that you often build transmitters and receivers that operate in the 2.4 GHz band on breadboards??!! If so you must be an extraordinarily talented RF engineer. What do you need our help for if that is true?

5. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I recently bought a TX/RX pair on eBay for $1.41 including shipping and it works fine. I didn't have to bother anyone about how to design and build it. Spending additional money on postage or gas alone needed to acquire the parts (not including parts cost and time) would not have made me feel better making it here in the good old USA. Making or having a PCB made in the US associated waste materials and etching chemicals don't even have to be dumped in your back yard.

Unfortunately, the eBay seller's sale prices ended in December and he is back up to the regular high price of $1.76 - including shipping.

Edit: are you going to build the camera and video display in the good ol USA too, all with Americana-made chips.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013