Millivolt Amplifier

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Machinesoft, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Machinesoft

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi im am currently working on a special proyect and I need to take the millivots from a microphone signal and turn them from 1-10mv to something between 100-240v. So I need an amplifier to do that but I dont know wich one or if it would be better to link multiple amplifiers. This would be used to charge a phone. This is really important mi duedate for this proyect is 12/28/2012.

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Whoa, do you hope to use energy captured by the microphone to charge a cellphone battery? You don't need (just) an amplifier, you need an energy harvesting strategy. I'll bet the self-discharge rate of the battery exceeds the power available.

A normal "amplifier" uses a small signal to control a big power supply. It doesn't really amplify power so much as it amplifies information contained in a signal.

3. Machinesoft

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 13, 2012
    The amplifier would be used to enlarge the signal but then pass by my partners invetion that turn signals into steady electrical currents and vice versa so I just need the correct amplifier to get the 100-250v necessary because if the soundwaves enter from a mirophone they create the signal needed to turn that electrical signal into an electrical current.

4. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    I'll go out on a limb and say that a microphone cannot generate enough energy to charge a cell phone battery (or any battery that I am familiar with).:(
    You really need to choose a new project while you still have time.

5. MrCarlos

Jan 2, 2010
  6. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Keep in mind that an amplifier requires a power supply. How are you going to charge it?

7. MrCarlos

Jan 2, 2010
    Taking advantage of the trip:
    The energy must come from somewhere else other than the microphone.
    Of course.

8. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Exactly. So what's the point in using one? (The question is directed at machinesoft.)

9. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    I think if it's a really good microphone, it will create enough energy to run the amplifier and still have enough left over to charge the battery.

Can't talk anymore now, I have to get back to work on my perpetual motion machine.

ErnieM, wayneh and Ron H like this.
  10. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Don't bother. I just finished my time machine and saw your perpetual motion machine doesn't work.

11. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    You would be better off diluting water!

12. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Let me borrow your time machine.... I need to go forward in time and ask the older, wiser version of myself what I did wrong.:D