Miller's ramp circuit,square and trapozoital waves

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Thevenin's Planet, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Thevenin's Planet

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Hi Y'all
    The curious interest to me is that the ramp voltage that this particular circuit depicts, that the photo expresses a ramp beginning a maximum voltage then decreases to zero voltage.I expect the opposite (minimum to maximum voltage) in regard to television yoke for the scanning process.
    I have also realized the passing a ramp voltage wave thru the coils
    produces not a linear ramp to move the beam from left to right. From gathered date about this subject it seems that a composite wave of square and ramp voltage is necessary to produce a linear ramp from minimum to maximum voltage which is being called a trapezoidal wave.
    #1,So how can the above photo attachment can be converted to produce a ramp voltage from minimum to maximum voltage?#2,are the T.V. from the 1990's thru the 2000 scanning coils, current or voltage controlled ( electrostatic or Magnetic)? #3. The feedback to base would that decrease the voltage that would effect the decease of the output voltage ?
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013