Miles per gallon monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstuart

Joined Aug 19, 2011
hiya

i dont know if im posting in the right section as im a new user and was wondering if anyone may be able to help me please

i have a 2002 land rover diesel freelander and wish to build a MPG monitor, mine has a OBD2 socket in the car which i belive will give me the live data i require to give me the instant mpg readings but havent a clue where to start and was wondering if anyone would be so kind to steer me in the right direction please

i know there are plenty of OBD2 readers online but as mine is before 2004 these readers wont read the live MPG

thanks again and would really appreciate if anyone may be able to help me please

gary

BurninBri

Joined Aug 16, 2011
Also note that this site totally restricts you from mentioning the word "automobile" at all. As a new member myself, I just recently found this out (since I made something a while ago that I was now putting into my car and was modifying a circuit for it). It violates their terms of service, which just says "nothing in a car". I think the above instruction to go to OBDII.com is good. Otherwise, they list some more places to go here:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=54400

Hope this helps and good luck!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus