MikroC Nokia1100LCD

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
The chips OP mentions arent well suited for using any graphical LCD
Ok it needs to be studied well:confused: , let me surf , I will inform you after finish , thanx
by the way , is it written in hi-tech picc ?
XC8.
The .h file just includes the function names.

I use a 16LF1709 these have latches on the ports. And needs a PICKIT3 too its a new MCU.
But its not relying on anything specific, should work on most PICs.

MikroPIC

Joined Jan 19, 2015
OP,

This project might be just too much for you right now. As I mentioned in my first post you are probably not going to find exactly what you need. You will need to look at all of the information given to you and modify it to suit your exact needs.

You say you are a beginner. Have you tried more simple projects? Maybe one like writing to a much more simple display like the HDM08216?

Once you learn how to interface to more simple devices, really understand it, learn software / hardware troubleshooting then you can move up to a more complicated device like the Nokia.
Great , you may read somewhere that I have only those pieces I talked about in my hands , 16F84a , 16F677 , Nokia 1100 lcd
HDM08216? I even didn't hear about , but I will take your advice to try simple things in my own code to make simple changes to see what would happens
good night .

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It is a simple LCD display. Characters only. Very simple. You send it characters and not fonts. It has it's own font. You can create a few custom characters.

There are many on eBay.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It is a simple LCD display. Characters only. Very simple. You send it characters and not fonts. It has it's own font. You can create a few custom characters.

There are many on eBay.
Its not particulary simpler since its picky on the timing and how it is powered on and about voltages.

MikroPIC

Joined Jan 19, 2015
I have to work on what available here , this piece I'm not sure about it's availablity
by the way the post have been derailed , I post not to write characters on Nokia 1100 LCD
I already done that , but I just need various font sizes to be displayed .

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
If you have already done it then it should be a simple matter to to it again. Start with the same font then modify just one character and see what happens.

All of these things are basic trouble shooting techniques that we all do.

Just because you have done something does not mean you understand it. If you fully understood how you did it then it should not be that difficult to change the code to make it work the way you want assuming the device was capable, but then if you understood then you would know it was capable or not.

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Its not clear what exactly OP "I already done that"

Because OP is not yet showing the code (for 16F84??)
Instead of doing so, and receiving response what needs to be changed, OP is now saying "derailed"?

Can we crystalball where you are at with your coding archievements?
"I already done that" could be almost anything in terms of code.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Its not clear what exactly OP "I already done that"

Because OP is not yet showing the code (for 16F84??)
Instead of doing so, and receiving response what needs to be changed, OP is now saying "derailed"?

Can we crystalball where you are at with your coding archievements?
"I already done that" could be almost anything in terms of code.

Maybe I am wrong but from what I am seeing OP just copied an existing project and was able to successfully build it. But I could be wrong, as is just my impression.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Maybe I am wrong but from what I am seeing OP just copied an existing project and was able to successfully build it. But I could be wrong, as is just my impression.
It takes a lot of discipline getting along with controllers properly, and make progress too.

Sure you can do a PCB, but it almost certainly will have errors, and certain aspects of it will be inconvenient.

Often, you have to spend hours, and you are stuck at some detail and cant understand what it is.

For that reason, its important, in a forum post, to give as much information as possible:

-Schematic if any
-Good photos
-source code
-Screenshot from error messages / debug runs

Or the replies will be somewhere between crystalballing and useless

MikroPIC

Joined Jan 19, 2015
If you have already done it then it should be a simple matter to to it again. Start with the same font then modify just one character and see what happens.

All of these things are basic trouble shooting techniques that we all do.

Just because you have done something does not mean you understand it. If you fully understood how you did it then it should not be that difficult to change the code to make it work the way you want assuming the device was capable, but then if you understood then you would know it was capable or not.
Ok you are alright may be I wasn't understand the code exactly ,I got this code for CCS compiler and make my own changes till I made it works for MikroC
in general I can now understand each part after reading the nokia 1100 lcd datasheet and understood data flow and timing for it , thanks for all whom tried to help
I will work for making various sizes .