Microsoft want to take over Adobe

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Good news. Right now APPL dwarfs every other technology firm combined. Strictly by overcharging people for products other people made and develped. Then APPL's business model is to swoop in at the last second and claim they invented it. If I hear APPL invented the mp3 player, or the smart phone one more time I'm gonna throw up. APPL's for people with more money then sense.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I saw Bill Gates and his wife on t.v.,talking about
giving half his money away to his foundation,just
a tax write off. I can't say that would not enjoy his
money,but I would not like to be In his skin. Who
helped him with Microsoft I don't see a smart man,
could be wrong,maybe that why he left the company
to persue his foundation. Can any one prove me
wrong In my opinion.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I saw Bill Gates and his wife on t.v.,talking about
giving half his money away to his foundation,just
a tax write off. I can't say that would not enjoy his
money,but I would not like to be In his skin. Who
helped him with Microsoft I don't see a smart man,
could be wrong,maybe that why he left the company
to persue his foundation. Can any one prove me
wrong In my opinion.
After you have won the game so thoroughly that there is no doubt you have won, why continue playing? He also has so much money that he would have trouble spending a tenth of it over a lifetime. When he was young he was hungry for success, now it is just marking time.

IMO he really is a genius, and some of his exploits when M$ was young border on evil, if not amoral. I suspect he wants to leave a legacy better than that.

Here is another disturbing trend for computer geeks. Oracle is trying to crack down on Java, which was once considered open source. Wonder what is next?

Google asks court to dismiss Oracle patent suit

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Good news. Right now APPL dwarfs every other technology firm combined. Strictly by overcharging people for products other people made and develped. Then APPL's business model is to swoop in at the last second and claim they invented it. If I hear APPL invented the mp3 player, or the smart phone one more time I'm gonna throw up. APPL's for people with more money then sense.
Hubris has a good habit of catching up to people.........some like to call it karma........some say that which you sow, that shall you also reap. look at the track record of corporate raiders, or hostile takeovers...........

Russia, the CCCP conglomerate, or the Soviet Union, whichever one chooses to call it, went belly-up in part to its own habit of overextending its resources, blowing a lot of hot air at the rest of the free world.
It was bound to happen to Russia, just as it will happen to APPL. it is inevitable !:D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We shall see. Both companies have a history of buying and absorbing smaller companies, and MS is fully capable of absorbing Adobe. Adobe does have things it can bring to MS. The good news is if it goes that route MS is doing it for the right reasons, which means you still have a job with one of the better employers out there, as opposed to some of the earlier acquisitions where MS bought the company to put it out of business (The evil or amoral side of MS I've mentioned earlier).

I'm still not too fond of what Adobe did to Macromedia Flash though.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
In my honest opinion, the sooner Flash is gone from the web, the better, because it's slow and horrible on every machine I've tried it on: Linux, Windows and the occasional Mac.

I don't think Apple will have a downfall as such especially not as large as the USSR, but I don't think that they can remain top spot forever with their marketing targeting being unique, when their products are hardly that. Just like Microsoft, it is becoming fashionable to dislike Apple.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Adobe seems a strange company to me. They make Photoshop which is excellent, but they also make PDF reader and Flash....
I suppose I can always use GIMP if MS mess up Photoshop.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Microsoft wouldn't change Photoshops base team.

Too involved. Too much culture.

But they WOULD try to get the money from ALL THE kiddies who don't license it.

And that is A LOT.