microprocessor problem

ramakanthlinkin

Joined Nov 29, 2007
hi guys,
im tryin to figure out the exact microcontroller that needs to be used for my robo which is analogus to a sbmarine .....this thing has to move in and very frquently and the max is 17v.....plz try to help me out

eeboy

Joined Sep 27, 2007
You need to provide some details on what and how. Give us an idea of the components you plan on using or the tasks it will perform.

There are thousands of different micros out there. A few of the items you will need to decide are..

• How many GPIO will you need?
  • Are you running any bandwidth intensive algorithms (PID etc)?
  • Do you need ADC?
  • Do you need timers?
  • Do you need communications peripherals (RS232, SPI, I2C)?
  • How much FLASH/EEPROM do you require for your application?
  • How much RAM?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You need to provide some details on what and how. Give us an idea of the components you plan on using or the tasks it will perform.

There are thousands of different micros out there. A few of the items you will need to decide are..
  • How many GPIO will you need? (GPIO = General purpose input/ouput)
  • Are you running any bandwidth intensive algorithms (PID etc)? (PID = proportional-integral-deriviative)
  • Do you need ADC? (ADC = analog-to-digital converter)
  • Do you need timers?
  • Do you need communications peripherals (RS232, SPI, I2C)? (GOOGLE these for more details on these comunnication standards)
  • How much FLASH/EEPROM do you require for your application? (GOOGLE these for more details on these two memory types)
  • How much RAM? (RAM = random access memory)
Added translation of several of the more unusual acronyms for those viewing this post that may find them cryptic.

hgmjr