Microprocessor base electronic feautoscope

Olayiwola Akinyemi

Joined Feb 14, 2008
hi, am working ona microprocessor based electronic featus heartbeat sensor.The sensor detects the featus heartbeat against time and stores this on a PIC microcontroller. This can now be displayed on a seven segment display or an oscilloscope.My main problem is how to program this microprocessor so as to perform this function. please i need advice from you all

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I don't know exactly - the shop I worked at made the first one back in the '70s. I heard about it, but never saw one. That one was EKG methodology.

This is a bit off to the side - the OP apparently has a working fetal monitor and wants to input an analog (?) waveform into the PIC and then have two displays, a basic rate and one that reproduces the original waveform.

The oscilloscope waveform, if I read correctly, could be accomplished most easily by going around the PIC and just inputting the monitor directly to the o'scope. If it's modern, it can probably sore a significant portion of the waveform for later analysis.

The rate display is just watching for those peaks and determining time between them.