micronta anolag multi meter ?

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I have an old micronta analog type multi meter. it is not registering DC V correctly it seems to be about 2-3 V low compared to the what the power supply shows. it has a few trim pots but no way to really tell what is what since they’re 3. i think 1 for each DC V ACV ohms. have slightly adjusted them with no luck. checked all resistors to me they seem ok. this is in the word 03 doc attachment. are these values ok? will try the trim pots some more also to see where i get.
I also noticed today when testing it I had the source at 0 V but on with leads connected the meter went off the scale reverse. i reversed the leads with 1 V and it did the same but then it the issue became almost negligible. it seems i have seen something similar before I assume there may be something odd going on in the meter part. Something gets magnetized or something and reversal almost fixes it.
If I can’t, figure it out after some more work i may just part it out it seems pretty old, but be nice for a toolbox. Since I normally use a big bench style meter. but i have another that seems to work decently.
Thanks

Attachments

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
Before you spend a lot of time / money on this meter, try some De-Ox-it or similar cleaner to the potentiometers. It may or may not improve matters. If the meter works mostly to your satisfaction, make a little "cheater card" for your toolbox that says, in effect "if meter says x it means x+2". Otherwise, invest in a cheap digital meter for under $5.00 available at places like Harbor Freight.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
looks like it is fixed. i just melted a bunch of solders and it is now within 1/2 volt thats fine for me. not sure what that was about posibley corosin bad band or a brocken part in a wire.
actaly a great idea with tht cheat sheet. think i may do that for some old simpson meters i got. i had this taken apart in a bin on the shelf while cleaning i figured i should either try and fix it or junk it.