Microcontroller sugggestions

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mark333, May 21, 2016.

1. mark333

Thread Starter New Member

May 16, 2012
    Hi guys after much research and looking at multiple Micro controllers, I feel it would be best to ask someone with a bit of experience! Currently I am in the process of designing a testing platform for batteries. The IC used will be the LTC6804-2 (Data sheet- http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/680412fb.pdf), I plan on using the SPI data output from this to the micro which will be programmed to organize this information. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any suitable micro controllers that would do the job (speed and accuracy is important) and have WiFi ability in order to create an app and/or GUI on the network that can be accessed completely wireless as well as USB connection in case the wireless doesn't work etc...

Any suggestions on Micros would be much appreciated ive mainly been looking at the Arduino boards and the SparkFun Photon Redboard.

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Really anything that has SPI + Wifi will be just fine..
    Any arduino with wifi or wifi shield... Photon, spark core, esp8266 variants,etc...

Is this a 1 off personal project or will you be making/selling many..?

3. mark333

Thread Starter New Member

May 16, 2012
    One off final year project, needs to be able to send all the data (~50 readings) and update live

4. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010