microcontroller programmers

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Cristopher Tingcang, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Cristopher Tingcang

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum.

I just want to ask your suggestion about what is the best simulation program (e.g. Multisim, MatLab, Proteus) for MCUs.

And what is the best programming language I should use for PIC microcontrollers.

thank you!

2. jwilk13

Jun 15, 2011
    I've never used any simulation methods when developing PIC projects, but I suppose you could try this. I'm not sure how well it works, but I saw a youtube video of it doing some LED/7-segment display simulation. I'm more a fan of the build-and-burn method to see if it works, then use the debugger to step through the program line at a time if it doesn't work, but that's just me.

For PIC microcontrollers, there are lots of resources online for languages, but the few I'm familiar with specific to PICs are Assembly, Basic, and C. I prefer C, but that's what I learned first. I feel that it's much more intuitive than the others, but it would all depend on what your background is. Google "PIC C programming", "PIC assembly programming", etc. to find out more about each one of them.