Microcomponent PS4.

Bibis666

Joined Jan 3, 2017
Hi,

I really don't know if I am at the right place. Please move the subject if I am wrong.

I need to find out what is the purpose of this component on a PS4 motherboard. Maybe someone is familiar with it. (see picture)
I fixed the hdmi port but noticed just after, that this part was missing...

Went through the Internet to find a schematic but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. ..

Thanks a lot,

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
They just appear to be SMT component pads, so it could be anyone's guess.
It could be just a spot for a component that became redundant in manuf.
Max.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Thanks for the answers, but on other ps4 motherboard, the part is there (see in the picture).

Obviously my only chance to get one is via a used and broken motherboard.
Search around your work area. You may have heated it and it fell off while you were soldering the HDMI. Also, use a strong magnet to see if you pick something up in the carpeting/floor. Stuff like that sticks to clothing so it could be anywhere. Search carefully.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
In the second photo, the connector is not there. That could be the difference. Circuits rarely lose resistors.

EzraT

Joined Jan 3, 2017
Don't assume that because the SOD component is missing on the new rev board that it should be there. I would look at the solder pad with a mag loop and see if you can see if the solder is smooth or if it looks like the part has been broken off. These SOD package parts are the worst, they flip on SMT all the time, so there is a chance it was never placed correctly. But don't solder the old part onto the new board until you find the same rev board to reference. Sorry, doesn't really help right now.