Microchip forum

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Thanks everyone, here's the listing. The build fails and gives the following as a reason:

C:\Users\paul\Documents\uC_Projects\main.c:5:Error [1224] configuration setting 'ADCON1' not recognized

// DATA WRITE ROUTINE....

/** C O N F I G U R A T I O N B I T S ******************************/

#pragma config ADCON1 = 0h07

/** I N C L U D E S **************************************************/
#include "p18f452.h"

/** V A R I A B L E S *************************************************/
#pragma udata // declare statically allocated uninitialized variables
unsigned char dataL, dataH;

/** D E C L A R A T I O N S *******************************************/
#pragma code // declare executable instructions
void main (void)
{

dataL = 9;
dataH = 3;

TRISA = 0B11110000; // high DATA byte
TRISB = 0B11110000; // low DATA byte

LATA = dataL;
LATB = dataH;

while (1)
;

}

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
MC forum has been a saving grace, and the worst online experience I've ever had all in the same thread. Why I moved here from there, even with AAC lacking the PIC resources was the community. Over at MC their is a clear hiarchy. Some people walk around like gods and will bash you for asking something they consider too simple, some are really great and will help you for hours to get your project running. That being said I only noticed a couple real jack asses that basically made everyone without a MC masters like trash. The actual people at MC are topps. MCdirect not so much, but if you have a problem with them, take it up with MC and they will overrule MC direct and fix it. I ordered some EXP16 PIM's one time. The PIC32 one I got didn't fit into the port. It wasl itterally off by 2mm on one side. MCd said to bend the pins on the board so they fit. I told them they would be at a 90 degree angle if I did. They said ok and offered to sell me another for $25. I freaked out on them and they didn't care. Finally I went to the MC forum and explained what happened and a MC employee read the post and sent me out a new PIM overnight for free. What killed me is that I even sent Pic's of the problem to MCd and the problem was obvious even in the pics.

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
MC forum has been a saving grace, and the worst online experience I've ever had all in the same thread. Why I moved here from there, even with AAC lacking the PIC resources was the community. Over at MC their is a clear hiarchy. Some people walk around like gods and will bash you for asking something they consider too simple, some are really great and will help you for hours to get your project running. That being said I only noticed a couple real jack asses that basically made everyone without a MC masters like trash. The actual people at MC are topps. MCdirect not so much, but if you have a problem with them, take it up with MC and they will overrule MC direct and fix it. I ordered some EXP16 PIM's one time. The PIC32 one I got didn't fit into the port. It wasl itterally off by 2mm on one side. MCd said to bend the pins on the board so they fit. I told them they would be at a 90 degree angle if I did. They said ok and offered to sell me another for $25. I freaked out on them and they didn't care. Finally I went to the MC forum and explained what happened and a MC employee read the post and sent me out a new PIM overnight for free. What killed me is that I even sent Pic's of the problem to MCd and the problem was obvious even in the pics.
This is a very interesting comment on Microchip and its forum. In my experience the actual engineers are always nicer than the go-betweens. Before the internet made the literature easily available I had to call businesses such as Motorola for advice. When I talked with an engineer the conversation was great and he'd send just exactly the literature I needed via the US mail. This was 20 years ago.