Micro Implants

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Weighing all the merits of implant technology against the fears of malicious misuse, the kidnapping prevention potential of implants alone, makes them a worthwhile technology, and security lapses can always be addressed as the technology evolves.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
just give people a choice on implants or not. if you dont want implants, they should not be forced on you.
Do you really think people will have a choice? I think believing that is quite naive.

I suspect having an implant will be more like the contract you agreed to with Microsoft to install Windows. If you want an credit card, you have to have in implant. If you want to fly (a privilege, not a right), you have to have an implant and so forth.

Implants have the potential to become like your Social Security number, which was never intended to be used for wholesale identification. In fact, there was/is a law against that use. Lot of good that does.

John

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
and do you think people will allow implants if they dont want them? how do you propose this? at the point of a gun? there are more and more people going off the grid and not doing any commerce with companies they object to. and lots of people willoing and able to resist even the point of a gun.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
But what about those 90% of people who are "sheeple"?

The ones who blindly follow rules no matter how stupid or immoral the rules are, because they have been brainwashed to have no character and think they just have to obey everything without question?

The fact that you might have some character and actually think for yourself and make good decisions doesn't mean the rest of the population are like you. Most of them are truly pathetic when it comes to questioning "the rules".

But what about those 90% of people who are "sheeple"?

The ones who blindly follow rules no matter how stupid or immoral the rules are, because they have been brainwashed to have no character and think they just have to obey everything without question?
".
Don't question the system. Stand up STRAIGHT. Listen. Obey.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Well if that is your wife in the picture, I'd say she is blessed as it is, with no augmentation required, you lucky dawg.
Just a pic from the web showing implants. My wife is 68 years old, but she was built like that in her youth, ah, the good old days. The one good thing about being big busted in youth is, you don't need to raise your arms as high in old age to touch them.:p

But we both still weigh within 5 pounds of our high school days.

Darkdragon

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Hello,
I know this is a really old post but I had to put in my 2 cents. I obviously only found this thread by searching microchip implants because it has become a passion of mine. I have 2 implants and there is a wide variety of things that can be done with them. My implants have been a spur for me to learn more about electronics, I recently finished a project that lets me open my garage by holding my hand up to an RFID antenna.
Don't think anyone will ever be forced to get an implant I think if anything some kind of smartcard would make more sense. I'm still waiting for payment by implant to be an option.
I think people that think implants can be forced on people, forget the power of capitalism, right now credit card companies are against pay by implant so it won't happen.
Anyway just my two cents always happy when my hobbies collide.