micro electronic assignment help

mushab03

Joined Feb 8, 2007
hey all,

This is my first posting in this website...im a second year electrical engineering student and i would like some help for this course i am taking called "introductory electronics". i have attached a pdf file with this email which contains my assignment.....it about operational amplifiers.
Any help will be really gr8 ...

Thank u in advance

ba bye ...

Attachments

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I recommend that you attach your attempts at a solution to each of the problems.

In that way, the members can better advise you on the accuracy and completeness of your solution.

hgmjr

Sparky

Joined Aug 1, 2005
Greetings,

I notice your assignment has 5 questions. Are there specific questions or parts of questions you need help with?

-Sparky

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If you tool the time to read any basic concepts about operational amplifiers, then most of the answers would become obvious. Take the time to read the material. These are very basic questions.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Do you have any understanding of op amp theory? If you are on a 2nd EE course I would expect that you have had some exposure to op amps in one form or another.

The first thing I will recommend you do is work through Volume III - Chapter 8 to give you a grounding in the subject (you could also look at your lecture notes). Then have a go at the questions and post up your answers - it is easier to help someone if they have attempted the questions. In the meantime if there is anything specific about the theory that you are unsure of, post up what you are having problems with and we can try and point you in the right direction.

We can help you with your understanding and point you in the right directions, but you are ultimately responsible for your own learning.

Dave

jrboog

Joined Apr 16, 2007
You know ...sadly. I must say... I have just finished my 2nd year of Electrical Engineering, and have only vaguley been exposed to Op Amps.
We had a quick chapter and 1 lab regarding them... that was it.

Although I do concur that those questions seem to be pretty basic, and its very nice that they even tell you the confiuration. Honestly though I would have to look back in my book to figure them out.

Good luck.

Out of curiosity what is your educational Background Dave? or anyone for that matter. Im very curious as to why I seem so unknowing when ive dedicated 2 years to this degree, and still feel almost entierly in the dark.
Bad school ?
Bad teachers ?
Bad student ?
or does it just come with time ?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
jrboog,

I first studied electronics in a technical high school in the Radio / TV service classes [it was in the late 60s]. During my sophmore year I worked repairing TVs at a local repair shop. During my junior and senior years, I worked as the maintenance technican at a local Class D Commercial broadcast station. Special projects included helping the Chief Engineer move the transmitters for another station to a new location and wired their production studio.

I joined the military after graduation in 1972. Twenty two years later, I retired as a Chief Electronics Technican. I have a FCC General Radio Operators License. During my military career I've taught various classes concerning different equipments ... operating and maintaining.

Since my retirement, I've repaired GPS tracking systems used in agriculture [air and ground systems], was Chief Engineer at a radio station, repaired computer systems and just about anything that dealt with electricity or electronics. I've even done taxes.

My interests in teaching will always be there as it represented a great time during my military career.

The teachings should follow from the known to the unknown in some logical sequence. The sequence you described in the other posts is out of wack. The ebooks on this site follow a good logical progression.

Don't let yourself get down. You can keep your mind active here by answering for yourself the questions posed ... and if the original poster doesn't follow through, I'm sure you could send your results [back channel] to another user for their review, and feedback to you. I don't think you would want to impede on the conversations here when the members attempt to drag out the work of those who originally posed the inquiry. :)

antseezee

Joined Sep 16, 2006
Look in your textbook. For the questions asking what the closed-loop gain will be, and they give you open-loop gain, you should be able to substitute in a fractional equation to give the answer.

For Q5, you'll want to find the slope between the two given frequency bandwidths, and frequency itself. I believe you would plug these into a logarithmic equation to give you the 3-dB reference value.

Q2 & Q3 are best done drawing the circuit. Draw the Op Amp, resistors, and wires between them as you normally would for the inverting & non-inverting setups. Analyze the circuit to find the closed-loop gain using KCL equations & current equations. Once you have an expression of Vout / Vin, that is Acl. He gives you Aol in both situations. You will subsitute your values into the equation I talked about near the beginning (Aol / (1 + (Acl / Aol))). I'm not 100% sure if that is the equation, but it appears to be something along those lines. Your closed-loop gain should have a decent effect on the circuit since your open loop gains are VERY reduced (only 50 V/V or 100 V/V compared to the typical 200,000 V/V of a 741 Op Amp).

Most of these questions seem to range a wide base about Op Amps. I spent a whole course this semester on Op Amps, but we took each chapter one at a time rather than a general overview.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You know ...sadly. I must say... I have just finished my 2nd year of Electrical Engineering, and have only vaguley been exposed to Op Amps.
We had a quick chapter and 1 lab regarding them... that was it.

Although I do concur that those questions seem to be pretty basic, and its very nice that they even tell you the confiuration. Honestly though I would have to look back in my book to figure them out.

Good luck.

Out of curiosity what is your educational Background Dave? or anyone for that matter. Im very curious as to why I seem so unknowing when ive dedicated 2 years to this degree, and still feel almost entierly in the dark.
Bad school ?
Bad teachers ?
Bad student ?
or does it just come with time ?
I am surprised that by second year EE you have only had a brief exposure to Op Amps - I did Electronic Systems at University and we were exposed to Op Amps from semester 2, and continually for the subsequent 4 years of my undergrad. As a postgrad and beyond I got limited exposure to Op Amps, so am a little rusty on the theory. I should sit down and revise through it, but time and necessity has dictated otherwise.

As a brief to my background, I was an apprentice FTIE (flight test instrumentation engineer) working on a range of commercial and military aircraft, then went to UMIST to do my undergrad and subsequent postgrad, and now I'm a research and development engineer for a nuclear instrumentation company, but my main interests are in imaging and signal processing.

Dave