Methods for converting a sine to sqaure wave

cha1n

Joined May 10, 2007
Thank you so much for the detailed responses. One (hopefully) simple question i can never tell what grounds to common up. For instance, in that second picture it indicates a +vcc (5v) but doesn't show where -vcc is. On some of my EWB tests i've used the same ground for everything, my 10mV input (from a sig gen) and my comparator suppy i've been putting to the same ground point, is this incorrect? cheers

gootee

Joined Apr 24, 2007
In a simulation, all of the grounds (i.e. "zero volts") are usually connected together, either by explicitly wiring them all to the same ground, or just by virtue of the fact that they use the same ground symbol. You don't usually have to worry about it, unless you're also simulating the ground traces' or wires' parasitic components.

I only mentioned using different PCB traces (or different wires) for different grounds for a real (i.e. non-simulation) physical circuit, because you often _should_ separate the ground returns, so that noisy return currents don't corrupt a sensitive ground point for example, with the voltages the currents could induce across the resistance and inductance of a shared trace or wire. The separate ground returns still do eventually have to meet, though, often at the ground terminal of the main filter capacitor in the power supply.

- Tom Gootee

http://www.fullnet.com/~tomg/index.html

-

VENKIT

Joined May 18, 2007
Hi,
I require a circuit that can convert a 10mV input signal ranging from 50Hz to 3Khz and create a 3V square wave output (Of the same frequency of the input).

MANDAR

Joined Apr 4, 2007
Hi,
can anyone tell me how do i calculate power of op amp.
whether i will have to consider output source current or input current