Meter movement

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by munsif33, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. munsif33

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    hi , I read some literature about analogue multimeter, in the website all about circuits, on the following link. I wanted to know about ohms scale in an analogue multimeter, which uses needle reading
    Set your multimeter to the highest resistance range available. The resistance function is usually denoted by the unit symbol for resistance: the Greek letter omega (Ω), or sometimes by the word "ohms." Touch the two test probes of your meter together. When you do, the meter should register 0 ohms of resistance. If you are using an analog meter, you will notice the needle deflect full-scale when the probes are touched together, and return to its resting position when the probes are pulled apart.

my comments
    I set the multimeter to the highest resistance range, and touched both the test probes together, but needle did not deflect the full scale. I purchased a very simple smallest needle multimeter. it does not use battery. please i need your reply
    munsif ali from pakistan
  2. debjit625

Apr 17, 2010
    It does not use battery means it is not an ohmmeter i.e.. resistance meter, any ohmmeter must have a current source to measure resistance.Use an analog multimeter they are cheap.

Good Luck
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Please stop hijacking threads with this question. You now have two answers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.