meter baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
I'm using a Fluke 45

It has a Baud rate button , which you can switch from slow , med, or fast

When testing relays, switches , rotary switches to check if there is any voltage change

The Fast Baud rate is used when there is a fast voltage change or when switching a switch or relay fast

But I found using the slow baud rate "captured" the fast voltage changes better, why is that?

When do you use the Fast Baud rate?

why does using the slow baud rate capture better voltage changes ?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
That button is for BAUD when setting up the rear panel RS-232 interface, and you need to hit the shift button or something to activate that mode.

Otherwise it's default (unshifted, direct) action is to set the reading RATE. Obviously the rate you take readings will affect your ability to see short changes.

I'm using a Fluke 45

When testing relays, switches , rotary switches to check if there is any voltage change

The Fast Baud rate is used when there is a fast voltage change or when switching a switch or relay fast

But I found using the slow baud rate "captured" the fast voltage changes better, why is that?

That has to be the funniest thread I have EVER read, I almost had an accident in my trouser's!

I'm using a Fluke 45

After this would you seriously expect the user to know what google was, let alone use it??
Do any of the mods seriously think these are serious questions? or perhaps they are just done to wind people up?
What is the chances of someone this stupid getting a job pushing brooms let alone a job in electronics?

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Otherwise it's default (unshifted, direct) action is to set the reading RATE. Obviously the rate you take readings will affect your ability to see short changes.
So the Baud rate button does set the meters reading rate? for fast or short voltage changes?

Or it is only used for something else?

GM11

Joined Sep 8, 2013
At this point I will step in. LG no more posting in this morons threads, enough is enough let it go. If AAC wants to let this person continue so be it.
As for you Dexter.
You have said in other places how many jobs you have had as a technician, and lets face it the number was very large.
So you are either not reading replies or you are intentionally winding people up.
To work in electronics and not no Baud rate refers to data is one thing, to actually assume it has something to do with how a meter reads voltage etc is just not believable.
To have had any form of training and yet not have even looked at a data sheet shows you have no right to call yourself a technician.
You come here and ask questions without ANY attempt to do research first.
Why is that?
You are given answers and yet often your following question leads me to think, you havnt even read the answer properly.
WHO do you work for?
No side stepping I want to know.
As for the mods here, DO NOT BAN ME when you ban LG!!
Ban him on his ID not IP! we use the same connection via my phone so ip is the same. You ban his IP and you ban mine at the same time.
I dont post much but I do enjoy reading the forum

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Rate and BAUD are the two functions of the pushbutton:

In normal mode it selects the reading speed:

In 2nd function mode, the baudrate for the RS232 port can be set to tranfer data to a PC, with the speeds as given in the specs:

The button has nothing to do with reading or checking rs232 signals.

Bertus

Attachments

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Why does multiple members keep saying it is and only for reading and checking RS232 signals

In 2nd function mode, the baudrate for the RS232 port can be set to tranfer data to a PC, with the speeds as given in the specs:
THIS IS THE 2ND function mode

THERE is a 1st function mode

I think member on this forum are getting confused

Because I'm talking about the 1st mode , normal mode

In normal mode it selects the reading speed:
The meters reading speed, like measuring voltages right?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Hello,
It sets the bit rate for the rs232 interface:

Interesting however, if he was using 1st function, then the button was doing what he thought in the 1st place.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Then you should not call it baud rate button, but rate button. Then your original question would make much more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.