Merry Christmas, Recipes and Other Holiday Stuff.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If you do happen to be into having a roast, try packing/encrusting it in salt (Kosher is best) during cooking. It does not make it salty, but gives it a different, delicate taste. Fish can be done the same way -- I learned that in Spain.

John

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
mostly raisins and apples and some allspice are in it. I am a big fan of it myself. There is a store bought brand called NONESUCH mincemeat, and makes an excellent pie.

Don't let the name fool you, its mostly fruits and spices.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Yup, they are sweet pastry, about 60mm across, with a filling of sweet fruit peel, dried fruit and sweet, mildly spiced goo.
Wikipedia article is very misleading, there is no meat in mince pies now, they are mostly suitable for vegetarians.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thank you, happy, and to all.

A recipe for happiness:

A few friends or family members,
Some good food,
Conversation of memories,

Shake well, enjoy slowly.

Merry Days all.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I have been lately at ElectroTech chatting with the members there including DerStrom8.

Anyway, i am reading about radios and laws of it.

Lightfire

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, were are almost there again. I want to wish all the members of AAC a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I have currently hit 181 pounds, starting from 240. Before the diabetes I was 270. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Well, were are almost there again. I want to wish all the members of AAC a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I have currently hit 181 pounds, starting from 240. Before the diabetes I was 270. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
Good job, Bill.

How is the wardrobe...? Time to get some new clothes?

I am just about to leave my "lab" to start participating in the tasks that has to be done in and around the house.

Merry Christmas.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Are you kidding! Every 15 pounds or so it has been a couple of new clothes, just so I don't look like a loose sail flapping in the breeze. :D

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Merry Christmas to everyone! A wish for good health is mandatory. But I want to add one for content and fulfillment.

Best wishes to all of you,
George