Merry Christmas, Recipes and Other Holiday Stuff.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
To help get this off-topic thread back on topic, let me share my recipe for popovers. Now, if you search on popovers, you will find there are a zillion and one recipes at last count. This recipe is a little different. It is the recipe used for popovers served at the Mayo Foundation House at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, or so I was told.

John

View attachment 25622

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Mmmm. I got water in my mouth.

I like these:

As soon as they are in the house, we're out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JonyLeaber

Joined Dec 20, 2010
I have flavor testy recipe
The best choc-chip cookies:

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
They're addictive and very fattening!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have flavor testy recipe
The best choc-chip cookies:

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
They're addictive and very fattening!
Hi there..Welcome to AAC.
Wish you a very Happy new year.:)

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Islamic new year was on the 7th of December this year.

Ashura is the 9th and 10th days of Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar (16th of December, 2010). Shia and Sunni see the holiday differently, but it is still observed by both sides of Islam.

Sorry, I thought you were devout. I was just mentioning these days out of respect for that reason.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ahh! That.....

We did celebrate that day, by fasting u know...

Hey..I celebrate everything, well almost everything.
We have to follow both the calendars actually. :confused: Dunno why...

But it's for the better, we get to celebrate two new years at once :D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You don't happen to have the recipe for this one Bill?

Theres a guy on national radio station that always say this. No matter what, its always Good times.
Mom stopped making them after we moved to Britain when I was 5 or so, I suspect they got lost in transit.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Since we do the Turkey AND a Ham on Thanksgiving day(and the following week) :) We have developed a different Christmas tradition. SWMBO is Italian and we have her parents here every Christmas, so two huge lasagna are made with Red and Green Pepper medallions on top for decoration. Lots of Garlic bread and spagetti with meatballs. Potato soup too!

I love Christmas, but I get too fat! ;)

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Sounds lovely, I'm not a fan of the Christmas roast. I've just made a big rooster curry which should be enough to take me through to Boxing Day.
I do like mince pies though, but I imagine you might be having tiramasu to keep with the Italian theme.