Merging of Books + Worksheets + Experiments

jhawk

Joined May 15, 2011
Hello. I am a new user here and have been a long time fan of electronics...but tend to lack the perseverance necessary to obtain a strong grasp of electronics beyond the very basics.

That being said, I love this website! It seems to be incredibly informative and appears to offer substantial support as well.

I am curious however as to if an additional feature could be added. I would like to see the electronics book, worksheets, and experiments merged into one and provided as its own link. When I say merged I mean to say meshed together in a understandable way. So...the user reads a chapter on electronics, then completes a related worksheet, and then attempts a related experiment.

This would help me personally as I am a bit confused as to when I should be attempting the various experiments and worksheets listed. I imagine this would also help other users as well.

Thanks for the great resource! Keep up the good work.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

The book alone is not finished because of the work involved. It is being worked on by volunteers like me, but it is going to likely take years, maybe a decade.

Part of the reason is it is pure volunteer work, no money is being made here. What you are suggesting is even more work, a lot more. Plus they weren't exactly designed together, their would be some major issues meshing them.

Glad you like the efforts though. If you want to see the book in pure PDF format (complete with index), go to this site...

Lessons in Electric Circuits

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The problem is the ebook and worksheets have evolved independently of one another, therefore they are only loose based on each other. The videos are from a completely separate source.

The worksheets are grouped into sections that loosely correlate to the volumes of the ebook, therefore it is recommended you read the relevant sections, even download a copy, then tackle problems in the worksheets.

Dave