Merging LTSpice desgns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Say I have 2 different LTSpice designs (asc files) File1.asc, file2.asc. I want to merge the design from file1.asc, into file2.asc. Is there anyway to do this? Basically I want to copy the design from File1.asc to file2.asc.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Probably the easiest is to bring up both designs in side-by-side schematic windows and then copy and paste the schematic from one window to the other.
That works for me.:)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Probably the easiest is to bring up both designs and then copy and paste the schematic from one schematic window to the other.

Yes I sort of figured that part but how do you dot it? I see no copy in LTspice. I do see a paste. Nor do I see a way to select the whole design.

Ctrl-C changes the icon to what looks like a couple of documents but I am not sure what to do with that and edit/paste does not get enabled.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

Open both schematics.
Click anywhere on the "From" schematic.
Click the tool on the toolbar that looks like two documents. The cursor will change to "two documents". :D
Select the objects you want to copy. The objects will drag around with the cursor indicating the selected objects.
Click anywhere on the "To" schematic. The objects will then show attached to the cursor.
Click where you want to place the objects.

That's it!. ;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi

Open both schematics.
Click anywhere on the "From" schematic.
Click the tool on the toolbar that looks like two documents. The cursor will change to "two documents". :D
Select the objects you want to copy. The objects will drag around with the cursor indicating the selected objects.
Click anywhere on the "To" schematic. The objects will then show attached to the cursor.
Click where you want to place the objects.

That's it!. ;)

That did it. This is counter to what you do in Windows where you select first then copy. So I was missing the selecting part. I did see that double vision thing going on once but not sure how I did it. Thanks!

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
Say I have 2 different LTSpice designs (asc files) File1.asc, file2.asc. I want to merge the design from file1.asc, into file2.asc. Is there anyway to do this? Basically I want to copy the design from File1.asc to file2.asc.
I'm running W7pro and this works for me:

1) Load file2.asc
2) Load file1.asc
3) Use COPY to select what you want from file1.asc
4) At this point you'll have two menu options; choose file2.asc.
5) Paste what you got from file1.asc into file2.asc.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm running W7pro and this works for me:

1) Load file2.asc
2) Load file1.asc
3) Use COPY to select what you want from file1.asc
4) At this point you'll have two menu options; choose file2.asc.
5) Paste what you got from file1.asc into file2.asc.

I got it already. Thanks.

And there is no COPY. That is what is misleading about LTSpice. It is Duplicate.

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016

And there is no COPY. That is what is misleading about LTSpice. It is Duplicate.
"Copy" and " Pasteworks for

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Indeed. Thank you for the reality check.

Saying that the copy routine is contrary to the way it is usually done in Windows is not "bad mouthing? It is an observation.

What should you care anyway? Do you work for linear? Have a lot of stock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.