Mentally Disorder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by simple circuts, Dec 1, 2009.

1. simple circuts

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    A few days ago one of my friends got shock (electricity) after medical initial medical treatment he got he got recovered but after some days he fall ill of Mentally Disorder.

He is also suffering from depression/anxiety although he has been using anti anxiety pills from a recognized organization but not getting any recovery. Can you guide me for this. How can i go step by step to get his treatment..
  2. studiot

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 9, 2007
    Take him to a recognised Doctor.
  3. steveb

Jul 3, 2008
    So sorry to hear about your friend. I wish him well.

Can you describe how he was shocked? Did the electricity pass through his brain somehow?

There is a famous case of a surgeon that was struck by lightning. He suddenly was compelled to become a pianist and composer, despite never having studied music.

This might seem like good news, but there is a tragic part to it because he really became compulsive about it and lost his wife.

There are other cases of lightning causing brain damage, and I'm sure you've heard of electro-shock treatment used to treat mental disorders.

This forum is not the right place to get medical advice, so studiot's comment is right on target. Find the right experts to help your friend.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    A few days ago,not much time to consider a lasting effect from
    commom sense point of view.A few days require all medical treatment
    available now.
  5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    We sometimes get questions similar to this and the advice is the same as above: we can offer an insight into how something works or how it may have affected you, but the electricity and electronics is our realm of expertise and we are not medically trained or competent; if you have medical concerns you should always seek advice from a competent professional.

6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Kinda makes me wonder if there was a pre existing condition that was "activated" by the shock. I'm curious if many studies have been done on this.