Memory address switching in service?? E.g 2x 28f010 to 4x 28f010 or 2x 28f020?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by RaceHQ, May 26, 2008.

1. RaceHQ

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi all, Its been a while since i've posted in here and i have a project on my mind i could really do with some advice on.

I have a platform which addresses 2x plcc32 28f010 flash chips.

I'd like to switch between at least 3 or 4 programmes on this platform, while the platform is in service. The platform is at this earlier stage, a Bosch EDC15 Diesel Engine control unit.

Can the 2x original 28f010's be swapped for 28f040's and addressing switched, or

produce a pcb and bank 2-3 lots of 28f010's and switch power and gnd between chips? How would this effect the ecu while in service, or is there an additional device i must add to handle switching?

I could do with the best minds here to help as I'm not sure where to start, but i have seen this done with simgle psop44's in other diesel EDC15 controllers.

Kind Regards
    Mark

2. RaceHQ

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Ok, i wonder if this is possible?

If a single 28f010 flash chip were replaced with 2 on the same pads, but both ran different checksums, providing the switching is done correctly, would it be possible to switch between chips while the processor is running them without causing a problem?

Race