Memorial Day Weekend

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
What will you do to celebrate. Do other countries celebrate
some of our Holidays,which ones.Who get time off.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'll get the day off.

Before my Dad died, we were talking about his military experiences. This man served in two wars, Korea and Vietnam, both up personal and at risk to life and health. Matter of fact his health did suffer, he picked up a fungus the doctors couldn't seem to touch.

Anyhow, as a side thought I thanked him for his service. He smiled, and told me I was the first to have ever done so.

Think about it when you are talking to a vetran. Have you ever thanked him?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
If the weather is decent, I'll probably grill up a few steaks and shish kabobs and spend some time outdoors playing with the kids. I've been sitting in front of my computer too much lately, so it will be a good way to rest my eyes. ;)

Oh, and of course, I'll be remembering all those brave men and women who have risked, or given, their lives for their country, so that we can live in freedom.
Der Strom

Edited

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The veteran halls are full of voters and horse shoe players.
Talking over a cold beer.I hit between wars I did not serve.
I was starting my electronics business,so I don't know how
a veteran feels. Thank them for there service,thank them
for our freedom,thank them for keeping our flag displayed.
The flag seems to be in trouble,so lets help them keep the
flag in its place of honor. I see to many flag poles without
flags,even on public buildings,why.

Perhaps they disagrees with the political reasons that placed them in such a difficult predictment in regard to some particular war or their opinon about the present political empire,or just ignorant to the facts.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
he picked up a fungus the doctors couldn't seem to touch.
My father got some of the same crud in the Philipines in 1945.

I start the day tomorrow at the local cemetery, 8:30 to 12:00. We volunteers help to find graves and make sure all the veteran's graves have a flag.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
We do have a Bank Holiday here on Monday, May 30th. It does not have the associations of your Remembrance Day, but it is nevertheless a welcome break.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
We get the day off from school, in a little conservative town like this one there would be an overwhelming amount of trouble raised if they tried to stop that.
We also still have a Christmas program and the teachers aren't afraid to say Easter.
and for the most part, we hate California.

Anyway, some friends are getting together to launch off fireworks and cook out.

and a sincere thanks to all the veterans on this forum! Heres to Wookie!
My grandfather was killed in Vietnam and I have many other relatives in wars older than that. Lot from the civil war.