Meggers & Hipot

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by strantor, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I have 2 General Radio 1864 Meggers and a peschel hipot tester. Meggers test good on known resistances but I don't have any high resistance calibration standards to calibrate them. The hipot tester I'm not sure if it works, if you are interested I will test it. If anyone is interested I post pics. make an offer for one or all.

2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    $50 for one of the 1864's

3. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not sure what's a fair price. I was hopeful to get a little more than that; maybe around 400$. Time will tell if I'm asking too much. If I don't hear anything within a couple of weeks, I'll consider it. They sell for 5400$ new, but mine are not new.

4. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    You said to make an offer.

If you have a specific price in mind you should state what price you want.

:)

5. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    touche.
    Not only am I interested in selling them, I am also interested in gathering a community opinion of what they're worth, hence the "make an offer".

If the community agrees that 400$ is too much, then it's too much, but it's somewhere to start

6. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    What members of THIS community can afford and what it may be worth as a piece of used test equipment are two different things.

Post it on Ebay(with some good pictures) and you might get $1000 for it.

I, on the other hand, have sold things worth much more than I accepted for them, just to prevent them from going to the trash for free. I have lost a job in the past, and then lost a house I was in for 15 years. Couldn't afford to move everything I owned from the house to the little two room shack, so I made deals like $60 for a piano, and $50 for a very large custom manufactured barBQ smoker.

Depends on your problems at the time. If you have some time to wait, then Ebay is the way to go. If you need cash NOW, I'm just down the road. :)

7. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    Good points. I tried ebay but they have dollar amount restrictions for new users. That and nobody would buy from me anyways with no seller rating.

I am trying out http://www.techrecovery.com/; just sent them an email and see if they can give me a ballpark figure.

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I have tried Western Union just to send some one $50.00 cash. You have to give up your privacy to do anything any more.We are facing a tough world. The guys were tallking about some kind equipment event soon. Check it out.

9. strantor

Oct 3, 2010
    do you refer to HAMCON?

10. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    "Where to sell electronic test equipment"

Put that phrase in the google search bar. It gave several sites I do not know, but could be worth exploring

11. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    strantor: another approach to selling your stuff is to contact the used equipment companies. Some of them will buy equipment and resell it after vetting and calibrating it. They aim at corporate customers who will spend a few more bucks than us cheap hobbyists.

Also, remember that something is worth what the seller is willing to take and what a buyer is willing to give. That is the only definition, as what people say in talk is cheap -- and we all know talk is cheap. :p

12. JohnTF

Apr 18, 2010
    I interested in the Hi-pot tester , could you send me some pictures and whatever info you have , brand , model & history ?
    Thanks
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.