Mechanical Projects

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
I'm not so sure if I went to the right area, and I apologize if I am wrong.

Our professor asked us to present a project that produces mechanical work.
I need something that is not so easy but not so hard,and this is a group work. We presented topics but the teacher did not accepted it.

my classmates topics were approved and those topics are almost like a thesis.
Pls help I need a topic that we can make a prototype.

Hope someone would help,thank you.

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
-rain detector
-when there is flood things will be lifted
-remote control for lights
-water Dispenser with sensor
- and Send sms to the machine to turn on/off the machine.

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
If you need mechanical work, then as I see it your proposals did not involve much ( things will be lifted seems to come the closest ) How about a motor?

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
ow we also suggested a car that is remote controlled that has,fast,medium and slow accelerations. but i think the teacher wants something that has more effect to peoples life,, some of my classmates approved were like a thing is following you because of a sensor..

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I think your professor may be rejecting your ideas because they are overly complex. The assignment is simple: "a [assumed electrical] project that produces mechanical work". In this category, things that come to mind:
a motor
A solenoid
an electromagnet

When asked to make something that delivers food to your mouth, would you design a simple spoon or a solar powered mobile motorized food conveyor?

I don't think it's a rube goldberg exercise.

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
yup the professor doesn't want a simple thing,he wants something hard yet meaningful and useful,, we presented an eye camera ,but the prof wants a purpose for it,so it not approved.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I'm confused. How does your thread title even relate to a mechanical project you have considered so far?

From the sound of your tone, your professor appears to be expecting every student in the room to come out with a patent for some device that doesn't even exist.

Let me tell you this. The project is what seperates the men from the boys. In other words, can you engineer or not?

It's not something you leave behind. You take it home with you, you think on it and you sleep on it.

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
I'm just asking for some ideas that I can also add and search and make it wider,
the first meaning of our project is to upgrade but I think the standards became high, that's why I'm just asking maybe some people could help a bit,,

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
A combination motion and temperature sensor

One use would be to sense if someone/something is in a parked car(ignition off) and the temperature has increased to levels dangerous to life and to cause the windows to roll down in response.

kaname08

Joined Sep 22, 2010
dataman19-thanks for the idea, i'm not really sure where to put this thread.

Kermit2- the teacher doesn't want a security purpose,and we already proposed something like that,and thank you for that

we have now a project accepted,we will make an eye controlled car, and the teacher suggested eye controlled tv too.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
... my classmates topics were approved and those topics are almost like a thesis.
Pls help I need a topic that we can make a prototype.
What were the other projects that were approved? Knowing what the teacher approved is more useful info then talking about the projects he rejected. :)

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Some time back an OP wanted a freefall drop of 15 in. of a 2 kg weight , then pick it up & drop again on command; no purpose stated-- nut cracker?-- minerature pile driver? Crazzy me, I built it for him.