Measurements on buffer and weird output waveform

luma

Joined Nov 5, 2015
Hello,

You WILL need the bias to avoid the cross-over distortion.
It IS an amplifier as shown.

Bertus
thank you for your answer, the bias is given byt the voltage divider as shown in the schematic, is not correctly designed? How to set it correctly?

luma

Joined Nov 5, 2015
Anyway, thanks to who suggest about crossover distortion, my question is what generate it? Anyone know the theoretical reason of it?

luma

Joined Nov 5, 2015
luma as I said early try add 1K resistor between MOS sources and GND.
Thank you jony for your answer probably it can be a solution to avoid the distortion, from theoretical point of view this can be easily explained by the fact that the characteristic curve becomes a curve which has a shape similar to the curve of one diode. (just the shape). However my main concern is: why my original circuit create the crossdistortion? I would like to know the reason of this distortion, in order to give a motivation on why I cannot use that configuration.

luma

Joined Nov 5, 2015
However as written in your post and verified in ltspice the corssover distortion should be around VDD/2 . why in my case seems not symmetrical? I mean when the Vin increases the corssover distortion seems to cut only the negative part of the wave (for low Vin) Why?