Mean Well LDD-1000H LED Driver.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do you intend on doing PWM dimming? If so you need a device which will output the PWM signal.

Other than that its just a constant voltage power supply and the meanwell LDD device.
The power supply must be greater than the combined max forward voltage of your series LED string.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
No dimming. I was just woundering if a current limiting resistor needed to be added. I assume thats all taken care of in the driver.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
No dimming. I was just woundering if a current limiting resistor needed to be added. I assume thats all taken care of in the driver.
yep an LED driver is so you don't have to waste heat/efficiency with a current limiting resistor.. The driver does its own current limiting.
It essentially turns your "constant voltage" supply into a "constant current" supply.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Thanks very much. I bought some LED lights from Chna 10 mins and all the drivers started flickering and one by one they failed. When I opened the drivers the IC's surface mount and various other components had actually fallen off the boards. The LED's are on I just need to find what the current limit and Supply voltage is now. Zimbabwe is the dumping ground for cheap china junk

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Zimbabwe is the dumping ground for cheap china junk
The whole world is the dumping ground for cheap china junk. Sadly no one wants to pay (or has the money to pay) for quality products anymore.

"you get what you pay for" still applies as well as
"better/faster/cheaper..pick 2"